Get some cool themes

Premium WordPress Themes

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Nokia's Gift Machine

I visited Nokia's Mall of the Emirates store recently to have a look at the Lumia and the PureView. I found a machine, not unlike a vending machine, standing in the corner, inviting me to check-in to their location using foursquare and win a prize! I thought to myself, this can not be an April Fool joke. Not in June. So I searched for Nokia Gift Machine on Foursquare on my E7 and checked in with the hashtag #NokiaGifts. 

Now having checked in twice (the second time was on my BB), I found that the machine swallowed my check-ins while the staff very nicely used a NFC sticker to redeem me a prize (a Galaxy Hazelnut chocolate). But I found that the system was devised to work but obviously fate had other plans.

The point of this post was to say that Nokia are coming up with really innovative techniques of reaching out to their target audience! This Gift Machine is one way. Their facebook page is really churning out interesting innovative competitions and crowd gatherers, while the conversations there leave much to be desired - it seems to work!

Good going Nokia!

Posted via email from partha's posterous

Custom Search